Nerthus/Njordr

Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

I will start putting energy into the forum again myself and perhaps that will discourage weird spam :|

things have been...over the top
I think they will begin to reach normal levels again
and then perhaps the community can go back to growing somewhat
Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Caylus Ark wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:05 pm I will start putting energy into the forum again myself and perhaps that will discourage weird spam :|

things have been...over the top
I think they will begin to reach normal levels again
and then perhaps the community can go back to growing somewhat
That'd be great. Don't feel obligated though, I need to remember to continue to cross post when I post elsewhere lol.

As for the spam, yeah well - spammers gonna spam, be it email or forums, they really should pull their heads in though.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Is there an overlap with the idea of the Ark being radioactive here?

"Only a priest may touch it. When the priest detects Nerthus's presence by the cart, the cart is drawn by heifers."

"all iron objects are locked away. In time, after the goddess has had her fill of human company, the priest returns the cart to her "temple" and slaves ritually wash the goddess, her cart, and the cloth in a "secluded lake". According to Tacitus, the slaves are then immediately drowned in the lake. "

Only a priest may touch it. The priest 'detects' the presence.
The "cart" is washed down after it's tour (cooled?) and the slaves that do it are killed (after having been exposed?).
Iron absorbs some types of radiation. So it would make sense to lock it all away, lest it become contaminated and potentially kill populations.
What is an ark anyway? It's also a ship right?
Njordr and Nerthus being associated with travel and the ocean, or later Njord "relegated" to god of ships.

:ponder:
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.