Good'un

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

The English word 'god' first came into use through a German term applied in the 6th-century Christian Codex Argenteus, gudan ("to call" or "to invoke" a power).
Codex Argenteus - which means the "Silver Book" - is Sweden's most valuable book and one of the world's most famous manuscripts.

Opposed to abaddon: destruction, "place of destruction"

Creation/Destruction

a good'un
a bad'un

;P

It's probably nothing.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
 Xlegic 
Suneater

For some reason I see a connection between that and Gul'dan character from the Warcraft or World of Warcraft game. The difference is added 'L' / 'l'. Probably because of strong similarity between these words with except for the l letter.

"Gul'dan was the first orcish warlock as well as the de facto founder of the Horde. He betrayed both his people and his mentor Ner'zhul to the demon lord Kil'jaeden for personal gain and power, and was directly responsible for the orcs' fall to demonic enslavement and their subsequent invasion of Azeroth."
from link: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gul%27dan

Maybe not. I dunno for sure. But geez, I watched how Gul'dan character sapped life out of a human being in World of Warcraft movie.. soo scary to experience or be in that shoe. Fiction, yes, I know but still.

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Xlegic wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:45 pm For some reason I see a connection between that and Gul'dan character from the Warcraft or World of Warcraft game. The difference is added 'L' / 'l'. Probably because of strong similarity between these words with except for the l letter.

"Gul'dan was the first orcish warlock as well as the de facto founder of the Horde. He betrayed both his people and his mentor Ner'zhul to the demon lord Kil'jaeden for personal gain and power, and was directly responsible for the orcs' fall to demonic enslavement and their subsequent invasion of Azeroth."
from link: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Gul%27dan

Maybe not. I dunno for sure. But geez, I watched how Gul'dan character sapped life out of a human being in World of Warcraft movie.. soo scary to experience or be in that shoe. Fiction, yes, I know but still.

I have thought the same thing due to similarity, there's nothing else than the letters being almost the same that connects them (maybe "crazy dude who equates himself to god" lol), though Blizzard sure have taken this or that from elsewhere for their characters, such as religious or mythological characters, but sometimes the similarity in one work to another is so startling it makes you wonder if there isn't a database of scraped work available to a select group of people. Or just coincidence. Probably.

Anyway, not sure that this is one of those moments, except maybe by adding an L for "left hand". Heh, I rather enjoyed the Warcraft movie though I did raise my eyebrow at opening scenes with the cart destroyed, coz reasons. lol.
Y'know, I once saw someone calling themselves BLIZZARD on an old forum, asking about information on a copyrighted fantasy language. Super curious in retrospect, considering the timing.
Fiction, yes, I know but still.
lol yes, still not the most ideal situation to find oneself. :dizzy:

Btw, hooray for using

The spoiler tag!

It was kind of irritating to get it to work right lol.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.