Easter; Mother of Lucifer

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

In Roman folklore, Lucifer ("light-bringer" in Latin) was the name of the planet Venus, though it was often personified as a male figure bearing a torch. The Greek name for this planet was variously Phosphoros (also meaning "light-bringer") or Heosphoros (meaning "dawn-bringer"). Lucifer was said to be "the fabled son of Aurora and Cephalus, and father of Ceyx". He was often presented in poetry as heralding the dawn.

Planet Venus in alignment with Mercury (above) and the Moon (below)
The Latin word corresponding to Greek Phosphoros is Lucifer. It is used in its astronomical sense both in prose and poetry. Poets sometimes personify the star, placing it in a mythological context.

Lucifer's mother Aurora corresponds to goddesses in other cultures. The name "Aurora" is cognate to the name of the Vedic goddess Ushas, that of the Lithuanian goddess Aušrine;, and that of the Greek goddess Eos, all three of whom are also goddesses of the dawn. All four are considered derivatives of the Proto-Indo-European stem *hewsos (later *Ausos), "dawn", a stem that also gave rise to Proto-Germanic *Austro, Old Germanic *Ostara and Old English Eostre/Eastre (whence also Modern German "Osterreich" meaning "Eastern Empire", as well as Modern English "east".) This agreement has led scholars to reconstruct a Proto-Indo-European dawn goddess.

Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
 Dave 
Suneater

Happy Easter! May you and those you love, rise from the grave to benefit others.

Should the need arise, may you arise!

Hail victory over death! Hail the return of LOVE on this glorious day!

Bless you all in your sacred service. We rise so others may know and learn of life everlasting....

Love,

DAVE
Consciousness only. Reality is non-dual, mind and reality are one.
Administrator

Dave wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:08 pm Happy Easter! May you and those you love, rise from the grave to benefit others.

Bless you all in your sacred service. We rise so others may know and learn of life everlasting....

Love,

DAVE
Exactly that. Though hereabouts in Aus we're all inverted and celebrate it as the first hints that Winter is coming reoccur - we are of course now in Autumn lol.
Probably fine though, I never did like the heat.
Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Týsköll wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:22 am
Dave wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:08 pm Happy Easter! May you and those you love, rise from the grave to benefit others.

Love,

DAVE
Exactly that. Though hereabouts in Aus we're all inverted and celebrate it as the first hints that Winter is coming reoccur - we are of course now in Autumn lol.
In all honesty, I'm terribly jealous.
Administrator

Caylus Ark wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:15 pm
Týsköll wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:22 am

Love,

DAVE
In all honesty, I'm terribly jealous.
lol, yeah... enjoy baking in the heat, sucker :P

Realized I forgot to make mention of Ostara having the literal symbols of eggs and rabbits associated to, here's the apparent story to accompany.
The most common symbols associated with Ostara are eggs and rabbits. In ancient times, both were associated with fertility and it was thought that eating rabbit meat could cure barren women.

The goddess Ostara arrived late one spring and found a bird unable to fly, his wings frozen in snow. The story goes that the goddess took pity on the bird and took him in as her pet. Because he could no longer fly, she turned him into a hare that could out run any hunter. She also gave him the ability to lay colourful eggs. (This might be the inspiration for the Cadbury bunny that we know and love.)

Unfortunately, as rabbits are very fertile creatures, Ostara became angry with the rabbit’s love affairs, and cast him into the sky where he would remain forever in the stars as the constellation Lepus under the feet of Orion, the Hunter.

However, once a year the kind goddess allowed the rabbit to return to earth and give away his coloured eggs to children celebrating the Ostara festivals each spring.
https://www.spiralnature.com/spirituali ... s-rituals/