shadow walking

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Saw this just now.
Might be useful for some further understanding.

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/foru ... 481102/pg1
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Administrator

Týsköll wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:49 am
Xlegic wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:52 pm link to a diagram of Symmetrized Directionality I made and posted on GLP fairly recently but generated no interest:
https://ibb.co/R3pVk7L

symmetric directionality 0D, 1D, 2D, and 3D only though.

I dunno. Check out the Java Mojo thread on GLP for more types I typed.

Let me know what you think of the diagram. I feel like I'm alone in doing the diagramming but now seeing mentions and having a bit hard asymmetric reading but can read ok now and will re-read again.

A thought suggestion: a video or series of images with examples illustrating what you said, Caylus, might make it understandable in another way. If not, thats ok.
You could visualize a 4D by having a 3D Object1 in "start" position and rotation, and a second Object2 in "end" position/rotation (with some values changed from start position). Then between them both (across a time scale) an Object3 that has vertices connecting to both Object1 and Object2.
This would be a representation of the "time worm".
a persisting object is composed of the various temporal parts that it has. It can be said that objects that persist are extended through the time dimension of the block universe much as physical objects are extended in space. Thus, they believe that all persisting objects are four-dimensional "worms" that stretch across space-time, and that you are mistaken in believing that chairs, mountains, and people are simply three-dimensional.
4D Theories

Here's a quick 2D representation that might be sufficient.

Assuming of course you like the worm, opposed to stages, which might be represented by a series showing each phase of change as it's own unique state (frames), like:

oooooooooooo

instead of

o==========O
(worm)
Branches, crossroads, fork in the road, nodes, knots in the tapestry, etc. can be viewed as a "keyframe" as per
Does life have KeyFrames?

Time worm theory with overlaid/simultaneous stage theory where impacts on and from your own consciousness could be viewed as a major or minor keyframes.

Whilst the below is a single linear path, please imagine each . o O as a 'keyframe' that would each be a defining moment, or fork, etc. The larger the node in the representation the more major an event and (just coz reasons); potentially, larger 'echo' in time itself.

.--.-o--O-.-o---O---o----

The poster I replied to considered that this means everything we do is pre-written, a scripted event waiting for us to reach one or another choice.
This begins to look at the related topic of fate within a tapestry, or as I've described before for this purpose: a flowing river.

In the analogy of the river we can choose to go with the flow, affecting our path very little, swim left, right, accelerate, try to tread water or dive beneath. We always go with the river or, "Big Fate" but we have free will within its defined bounds and laws, or, "Small Fate".

A discussion for another post is the concept of absorbing the sun's rays, evaporating to a mist and walking on the surface, free from it's flow but now part of the above ground water cycle, to become cloud and eventually descend once more to flow through life with our new "small fate" to choose.
 Xlegic 
Suneater

Thanks for good effort to define and explain, Tyskoll.

The asd or adaptive semi-determinism (asd) or adaptive partial-determinism (apd) as it is called now by myself, is as I think define and explain how determinism and freewill coexist with each other as you already stated in some ways, but is with the concept of "drowning out the noise" or emergence of whatever outcome and or consequence by a strengthness of whatever stressed upon on or arises out.

1. Initially, it is simple: "What do you want it to be about?"
2. Then it gets complex. ;o....
Administrator

Xlegic wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:04 pm Thanks for good effort to define and explain, Tyskoll.

The asd or adaptive semi-determinism (asd) or adaptive partial-determinism (apd) as it is called now by myself, is as I think define and explain how determinism and freewill coexist with each other as you already stated in some ways, but is with the concept of "drowning out the noise" or emergence of whatever outcome and or consequence by a strengthness of whatever stressed upon on or arises out.

1. Initially, it is simple: "What do you want it to be about?"
2. Then it gets complex. ;o....
Np, in explaining I'm also pondering and comprehending additional aspects for myself, it's not an entirely selfless activity.
When you bring up noise I'm prompted to speak about consciousness, today is a good example actually. A typical BBQ for boxing day, where there's a buttload of 'meh' frequencies existing near me lol.
Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Týsköll wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:58 pm

Branches, crossroads, fork in the road, nodes, knots in the tapestry, etc. can be viewed as a "keyframe" as per

Time worm theory with overlaid/simultaneous stage theory where impacts on and from your own consciousness could be viewed as a major or minor keyframes.

Whilst the below is a single linear path, please imagine each . o O as a 'keyframe' that would each be a defining moment, or fork, etc. The larger the node in the representation the more major an event and (just coz reasons); potentially, larger 'echo' in time itself.

The poster I replied to considered that this means everything we do is pre-written, a scripted event waiting for us to reach one or another choice.
This begins to look at the related topic of fate within a tapestry, or as I've described before for this purpose: a flowing river.

In the analogy of the river we can choose to go with the flow, affecting our path very little, swim left, right, accelerate, try to tread water or dive beneath. We always go with the river or, "Big Fate" but we have free will within its defined bounds and laws, or, "Small Fate".

A discussion for another post is the concept of absorbing the sun's rays, evaporating to a mist and walking on the surface, free from it's flow but now part of the above ground water cycle, to become cloud and eventually descend once more to flow through life with our new "small fate" to choose.
Does life have keyframes?
What an interesting concept!
I think maybe it's less whether life has keyframes
and more whether memory has keyframes?
I'm just going to totally take it another direction, just for fun.

The reason I say that is because technically most of our memories are subsumed by the void, we forget 99% of what we experience.
BUT, that which we DO remember, we use to define who and what we are.
For example, I retain these memories of who I was in high school, in college. It may not even be accurate, but it's how I see who I was. It's the story I tell myself about who I was and who I am now. And typically it is actually a small cluster of memories that creates this story we tell ourselves, these keyframes of me-ness.

So I'm saying this to reframe in an interesting way....
What if all those keyframes had literally no solid existence?
What if we center the nexus of our destiny around keyframes that are merely stories we tell ourselves?
The past is a story we tell ourselves about who we are.
So if we change the story we tell ourselves...
I think we could change "fate" pretty wildly.

But let me just chop this up and reframe it as events in time creating branching paths in fate...
You know how the human brain has pathways that are reinforced over time if you continue to do the same action or think the same thoughts?
It's similar to how a channel in a river is created over a very long period of time by the soft but inevitably eroding force of the water
We do this to ourselves every single second of every day, informing the future by "carving" out this channel of fate with our choices and our actions, and even that which we do not choose and that which we do not act upon.
So we make our fate that way, every second. The more we carve the channel, the more we define the path of the stream, the harder it is to change paths - it takes more effort rather, because you have to carve a deeper stream to change the flow of water.
So In my view, fate exists but. fate is a product of our free will, compounded in time - we CREATE it
 Xlegic 
Suneater

Tyskoll and Caylus, yall both sometime make some excellent posts! 8)
Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Xlegic wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:41 pm Ty and Caylus, yall both sometime make some excellent posts! 8)
Thank you my friend, as do you (:
Administrator

Caylus Ark wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:05 pm
Týsköll wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:58 pm

Does life have keyframes?
What an interesting concept!
I think maybe it's less whether life has keyframes
and more whether memory has keyframes?
I'm just going to totally take it another direction, just for fun.

The reason I say that is because technically most of our memories are subsumed by the void, we forget 99% of what we experience.
BUT, that which we DO remember, we use to define who and what we are.
For example, I retain these memories of who I was in high school, in college. It may not even be accurate, but it's how I see who I was. It's the story I tell myself about who I was and who I am now. And typically it is actually a small cluster of memories that creates this story we tell ourselves, these keyframes of me-ness.

So I'm saying this to reframe in an interesting way....
What if all those keyframes had literally no solid existence?
What if we center the nexus of our destiny around keyframes that are merely stories we tell ourselves?
The past is a story we tell ourselves about who we are.
So if we change the story we tell ourselves...
I think we could change "fate" pretty wildly.

But let me just chop this up and reframe it as events in time creating branching paths in fate...
You know how the human brain has pathways that are reinforced over time if you continue to do the same action or think the same thoughts?
It's similar to how a channel in a river is created over a very long period of time by the soft but inevitably eroding force of the water
We do this to ourselves every single second of every day, informing the future by "carving" out this channel of fate with our choices and our actions, and even that which we do not choose and that which we do not act upon.
So we make our fate that way, every second. The more we carve the channel, the more we define the path of the stream, the harder it is to change paths - it takes more effort rather, because you have to carve a deeper stream to change the flow of water.
So In my view, fate exists but. fate is a product of our free will, compounded in time - we CREATE it
If we're going with what I understand to be your belief, of one singular timeline, then those 1% memories are the "keyframes" of that timeline, yep. As I was saying the greater the "node" in that representation, the greater an impact that event or moment has had on our personal timeline (life) and potentially - though not always - the clearer we can recall the event.

Historical revisionism of ones life is an important tool for sure, reality checking, confirming what did or didn't happen, anchor points before deep diving, this is all extremely important to prevent delusional takes on one's life that can cause an entirely new version of oneself to emerge with a foundation based on falsehood.
It's similar to the rules of time travel and relates to society as a whole, as well as ourselves. That being that a single change to something that is foundational to ourselves (or many people/societies/nations/etc) can have drastic effects on what the result is.

This gets interesting at a quantum level considering time and a universal consciousness - if we can "edit" history, are we affecting the now and the future? If we change the foundations of something we didn't quite understand was so important we could in fact collapse/change/return to superposition wave functions in the current or future eras. Hell, we could mess with something so much on such a grand scale that it goes beyond returning to superposition and all the way back to pure potentiality (it'd be gone).

So - sure, tinker with your story, but take care. Foundations made up of lies can cause massive damage, reprogramming oneself or society can work but what happens when there's a collision between fact and fiction?

Anyway, yep, small fate within the greater big fate, with a consensus between ourselves at different points in time (worm+state) and every other local consciousness we interact with is what makes up our path in the river. I like the idea of carving a path in the sand that creates streams that change the path, especially in regards to leading others and the big fate, though I don't think digging in deeper is necessarily the solution to changing if one wanted, though it is one option. Instead, pulling back and committing less to, becoming less entangled with, less in the "slip stream" of those before(be they people or pulses in our brain).
I can relate back to the idea I wrote about in more detail elsewhere, of absorbing the sun and becoming as mist to walk on/above the water, which is to say: stepping outside the flow to reinsert where desired or even to continue on in the upper hydrological cycle before returning (which I think is better than the ground water cycle that might feel like an eternity beneath ;P).

I got a little metaphory again :D
Xlegic wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:41 pm Tyskoll and Caylus, yall both sometime make some excellent posts! 8)
Ohthx :)
 Dave 
Suneater

Reading, watching.

Key frame, or, personal narrative is essential. Recalling when, where and to whom you were born. Remembering even if it isn't ultimately real, who you are, your date of birth, where you went to school.... all important. Even when the full reality changes, it doesn't change your narrative. Even if all of the people in your life were illusory, there's no reason to forget them... or to treat them as real as you want to be treated.

Neo was an ass. Forgot all of his mundane friends and family as soon as he learned of the illusory nature of his existence and history.

Don't be Neo. Be cool and remember your friends and family.

Even as you Shadow walk. It's the right thing to do.

Carry on.... good stuff, great stuff... I'm watching.

~Dave
Consciousness only. Reality is non-dual, mind and reality are one.
Administrator

Dave wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:39 pm ... Key frame, or, personal narrative is essential. Recalling when, where and to whom you were born. ...

... Remembering even if it isn't ultimately real ...
Keyframe is just a convenient overlapping word used by that other guy that I referenced in describing the notable events in our lives that make up our "narrative". Which btw is a word I've come to loathe due to horrific retards overusing it.

Remembering something that isn't real is creating at best, lying to yourself, or at worst: lying to others.
Far better to admit to creating rather than lie about remembering, imo.

Worse than all of that though? Creating something and leading someone else to believe they have memory of it. Creating false persona in someone else. Making someone else's life a lie. Despicable.