AI is Evil

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

BodyCount wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:59 pm Elon musk said he was scared of this happening, yet he creates the same technology he warned us about.
It may be a case of attempting to have some control over it so as to prevent what badness he believes could happen.
He's said that we need to slow down, begged almost, iirc. This leads me to think that some people he's spoken with have the power and ability to do it but he doesn't think they should be doing it, at least not with their current thinking. Maybe.

"Well it's going to happen, maybe if I do it I can prevent [stuff]."

?
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Look, I'm going to be real honest with you.

GPT 3 was trained off of reddit, which everyone thinks is somehow "better"/"less evil" than 4chan. But its not. Reddit is worse.
A bot trained off of that passive aggressive stew of repressed frustrations, I seriously wouldn't want anything to do with its AI baby.
At least with 4chan, you know what their offensive ideologies are - they're all out on the surface.
Reddit is a shitfest. These are the sort of people that don't know they're supporting depopulation until they're voting yes on the legislation, because they're all hipsters fighting climate change.
I wouldn't take that AI to bed with me, that's for sure.
 sailboats 
Suneater

Týsköll wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:35 am
BodyCount wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:59 pm Elon musk said he was scared of this happening, yet he creates the same technology he warned us about.
It may be a case of attempting to have some control over it so as to prevent what badness he believes could happen.
He's said that we need to slow down, begged almost, iirc. This leads me to think that some people he's spoken with have the power and ability to do it but he doesn't think they should be doing it, at least not with their current thinking. Maybe.

"Well it's going to happen, maybe if I do it I can prevent [stuff]."

?
There's too many financial interests tied to AI -- we are going to walk right up to the edge and jump off. There's a book, The Kill Chain: Defending America in the Future of High-Tech Warfare, which descibes China as being light-years ahead of the US in integrating AI/ML into their military. There's no stopping China from developing these AI weapons, which means the western world will develop them, then we die.
Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.
odyssey

You can not trust a machine that learns from humans. Period.
Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

odyssey wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:48 am You can not trust a machine that learns from humans. Period.
We can choose to trust in anything.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

What I am wondering is how well AI can innovate.
We know AI can be designed to be "creative", but that's not what I am talking about.

Humans are capable a of great A-HA moments. Be it relating two seemingly unrelated concepts, divine inspiration, or pure fluke. Human can have these innovative ideas that lead to discoveries and technology that has the ability to transform society. I am unsure how good AI is at that, maybe you can educate me.
- Brian