The Nobody & Monarch Programming

Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Elijah Howard Holmes 
Suneater

Caylus Ark wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:28 pm So you're saying the nobody is the antichrist.
I was asked why we couldn't just be friends, well because one day I want to be married partners.
Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

I assume everyone is very aware by now of the relationship between Alice and Nobody in Lewis Carroll's works, and some of the use of this book in programming?
We all know that stories can be used to create alters, direct a path/steer to a role to be performed, etc. and that there are numerous "known" stories that have been used.

Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?

I might one day detail my experiences with a woman in real life who called herself "Alice" when we met, who picked me out of a crowd when I was standing alone.
It wasn't her real name, I later found out. She also upon occasion wore leopard print.
Those that know a thing or two might be intrigued by this. I can name many of the people involved in that group, if ever needed.

Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
 Arcanum Aanam 
Suneater

Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am I assume everyone is very aware by now of the relationship between Alice and Nobody in Lewis Carroll's works, and some of the use of this book in programming?
We all know that stories can be used to create alters, direct a path/steer to a role to be performed, etc. and that there are numerous "known" stories that have been used.

Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?

I might one day detail my experiences with a woman in real life who called herself "Alice" when we met, who picked me out of a crowd when I was standing alone.
It wasn't her real name, I later found out. She also upon occasion wore leopard print.
Those that know a thing or two might be intrigued by this. I can name many of the people involved in that group, if ever needed.

Leap, Fall, Rise
Administrator

Arcanum Aanam wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:16 am
Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am I assume everyone is very aware by now of the relationship between Alice and Nobody in Lewis Carroll's works, and some of the use of this book in programming?

Administrator

Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
I'll throw this one out there; Hobbits.
In that case the only one who can see the potential and the greatness in these nobodies is Gandalf.

It's a recurring theme that no one has any faith in them, can't see them as useful, in fact numerous times (without the ring) they are physically overlooked due to being so small and insignificant. There's numerous quotes and scenes I could reference, but I'll just leave it with;

"Even the smallest person can change the course of history." - Galadriel
 Arcanum Aanam 
Suneater

Týsköll wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:11 am
Týsköll wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:41 am Can we ponder up any other stories where a "main" character is the only one who can "see" a "nobody" character?
In that case the only one who can see the potential and the greatness in these nobodies is Gandalf.

It's a recurring theme that no one has any faith in them, can't see them as useful, in fact numerous times (without the ring) they are physically overlooked due to being so small and insignificant. There's numerous quotes and scenes I could reference, but I'll just leave it with;

*chuckle*

Unfortunately I can't find the ending to this episode online.

"I'm sorry I said that Dad...no one's life is small"
Leap, Fall, Rise
Administrator

Arcanum Aanam wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:51 pm

*chuckle*

Haha.
Well, except gnomes.
 Arcanum Aanam 
Suneater

Týsköll wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:39 pm
Arcanum Aanam wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:51 pm

*chuckle*

Haha.
Well, except gnomes.
Leap, Fall, Rise
Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator