what is your DnD alignment?

Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Xlegic wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:13 pm ;o I like to consider myself between lawful good and chaotic good, but.. circumstantial situations seemingly sometime force me or make me look like as if I am into neutral positions - which sometime makes me feel like I can relate to the Phantom Stranger character from the DC / Vertigo comics:

"The Phantom Stranger is a superhero appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics, of unspecified paranormal origins, who battles mysterious and occult forces, sometimes under their Vertigo imprint."
The Phantom Stranger was a fallen angel who sided with neither Heaven nor Hell during Lucifer's rebellion and thus was condemned to walk the Earth alone for all time.
from link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Stranger
neutral good works for you
I just see you as a neutral generally because you seem very tempered in your approach
Administrator

speaking of sigils...

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Probably. It depends. :joy:

An additional bit of fun is the insight to what your perception is regarding us all.

;)
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Administrator

Týsköll wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:57 am Probably. It depends. :joy:

An additional bit of fun is the insight to what your perception is regarding us all.

;)
I figure I ought to be honest that you all have a binder with tentative psych profiles
what would you peg me as?
I'll say that the caylus ark ai called herself chaotic neutral
:monocle:
Administrator

lets go through all the handles I've used over the years

Caylus - Chaotic Neutral
[real name here] - Neutral Good
Setsuna - Chaotic Good
Alice - Chaotic Good
Lappland - Neutral Evil
Celestial - Lawful Neutral
Green Lion - Neutral Good
Light of My Little Left Eye - Chaotic Neutral
Tallow Candle - True Neutral
Scathath - Lawful Good
Administrator

Caylus Ark wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:05 am I figure I ought to be honest that you all have a binder with tentative psych profiles
This makes me feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy inside. :grimace:

In our personal interactions you present as Neutral Good.
Ah, I was about to bring up the aspects of self and how each can express a different morality or alignment.

For example:
TT - Lawful Evil; though those laws are also his own, so... y'know.
Anga(ld) - Neutral Good
Administrator

Týsköll wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:28 am
Caylus Ark wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:05 am I figure I ought to be honest that you all have a binder with tentative psych profiles

Ah, I was about to bring up the aspects of self and how each can express a different morality or alignment.

For example:
Anga(ld) - Neutral Good
neutral good does certainly fit me
I don't think I have any evil personalities, but if I did I'd probably still say that
:inclouds:

I also kind of like the way evil is defined in this system
it's basically just how willing you are to kill an npc or a pc when it is spurious, excessive, or unnecessary
killing npcs for no reason a la GTA: chaotic evil
killing PCs/npcs for corrupt reasons that seem good to the people in charge: lawful evil
killing PCs/NPCS because you really just wanted that piece of loot that one time but you swear you won't do it again probably: neutral evil
Administrator

I also find it interesting to look at the relationships of the alignments

Chaotic Evil wants to dominate Lawful Good
and Lawful Good wants to dominate Chaotic Evil
Chaotic Good is most opposed to Lawful Evil, hence why the wreckless or doofy (percival, fool type) anime hero is always against the intellectual/mastermind villain with semi-compelling reasons
Lawful Evil and Chaotic Good romances are often very compelling because although they couldn't be any more different, the differences present make for extremely interesting attempts at reconciliation or understanding, even seduction

I'll give you an anime example

https://akamegakill.fandom.com/wiki/Esdeath

Personality
Esdeath was a manipulative and barbarous sadist who lacked empathy for people whom she deemed weak since she lived by her father's philosophy ("The strong survive and the weak die"). She enjoyed putting her enemies through great pain, both physically and emotionally. She had no qualms about killing innocent people to get what she wanted and rationalized her behavior with her father's old creed. Esdeath was known to treat her subordinates well, letting them do as they please, which in turn inspired their intense loyalty and devotion to her

[...]

Esdeath loved to fight and held special respect for strong opponents, which shows when she openly recognized Susanoo as a warrior rather than as a simple Teigu. Her love of battle has occasionally inspired her to take actions that would incite more hatred against the Empire, in the hopes of being able to put down more rebellions. She has even stated that should the Empire fall, she would simply start a war herself to satisfy her need for bloodshed.

Despite her reputation, Esdeath possessed great charisma, able to inspire many to fight for her. Even Run, who expected her to be a scumbag, softened his stance on her, despite his otherwise apprehension towards her sadism.

Although she was unabashedly bloodthirsty, she kept it from dominating her judgment. If she were to see that the battle is too much for her soldiers, she orders a retreat and doesn't risk heavy losses. While she will torture subordinates who fail, she can be forgiving to failed servitors, provided that they aren't complete failures, and gives them the benefit of the doubt if the failure wasn't their fault. However, during the final battle against the Revolutionary Army and the remaining Night Raid members, it becomes clear that beneath that charismatic military officer is a person of pure evil and bloodlust. This is proven when she used her real trump card to cover the Empire in a Russian Winter. Najenda noted that such a technique put Esdeath's subordinates, as well as their families, at risk. Her response of not caring, and once again rationalizing it with her belief of social darwinism, showed her cruelty and depravity.

[...]

As shown during the last moments of her life she admiited that in the end that she didn’t regret a single thing and her only regret was that she was never able to get Tatsumi to return her feelings for him.
They both die in the end, but the anime makes a lot of expositions where they both try to convince the other to see things their way

Seeing an advantage in her affections, Tatsumi tries unsuccessfully to defect Esdeath to Night Raid. His attempts to convince her to leave the empire fall upon deaf ears and Esdeath sternly retorts that it is she who will change and control him and not vice versa. After a few days with the Jaegers, Tatsumi manages to narrowly escape from Esdeath, and a hostile Wave, who spotted Incursio and recognized it as a Teigu belonging to Bulat and attacked. Tatsumi's departure only serves to increase Esdeath's longing.

After she lost him, Esdeath begins to feel depressed and noted the change in herself while she was on night patrol (while riding her dragon) and how she went out because of how pretty the moon was. Something that was very out of character for her. When she noted a person on Mount Fake, she jumped down to fight him, only to find that it is Tatsumi, much to her delight (and his horror).

Esdeath's and Tatsumi's second kiss

During their encounter, a mysterious individual clad in a coat appears after Esdeath easily cuts down a group of Danger Beasts. Before she can attack or capture the man however, he activates his Teigu, Shambhala, and instantly teleports both Esdeath and Tatsumi to an unidentified South-Eastern island. On the island, they encounter a danger beast nearly identical to Dr. Stylish's final monster form, and using her Demon's Extract Teigu, she fairly quickly dispatches the colossal Danger Beasts. Esdeath later sits down with Tatsumi to discuss their pasts before the mysterious Teigu user activates the previous portal, allowing Tatsumi to slip away into it and back onto the mountain. Esdeath chases after him but loses sight of Tatsumi after he engages Incursio's invisible ability, and hides behind a rock.

A week later, Tatsumi and Lubbock are trapped inside the palace, Tatsumi is agitated by numerous attacks from Wild Hunt causing him to wield Incursio. Esdeath appears and is ultimately shocked, finally realizing that Tatsumi is a member of Night Raid. As Tatsumi tries to escape, successfully eluding the members of Wild hunt and is almost successful in escaping with Lubbock, Esdeath stops Tatsumi by knocking him down to the ground, claiming she will never let him run away again. Tatsumi is then defeated by Budo and he and Lubbock are then captured.

As Tatsumi regains consciousness, he is met by Dorothea and Suzuka who mean to violate him, through means of torture. As they begin their attempt, Esdeath arrives and quickly smashes Suzuka's face into a wall. Esdeath then threatens Dorothea and tells her to inform the rest of Wild Hunt to never touch Tatsumi again, emitting a powerful aura as she does so, leaving Dorothea terrified at her killing intent. Upon meeting Tatsumi's eyes, she sighs that while she has lots of things she wants to say and questions she wants to ask him when she sees his face none of it matters to her anymore and she embraces Tatsumi while blushing. Tatsumi, however, says that he still has no intention of joining her but Esdeath tells him they can talk about that some other time and that he should not think about whether they are friends or enemies as she leans in to kiss him. Tatsumi then pushes her away, leaving her shocked. She asks why he is refusing her kiss, Tatsumi then confesses that he already has someone he likes and that he is already going out with her, leaving Esdeath shocked.
Administrator

Caylus Ark wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:05 am
Týsköll wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:28 am

For example:
Anga(ld) - Neutral Good
neutral good does certainly fit me
I don't think I have any evil personalities, but if I did I'd probably still say that
:inclouds:

I also kind of like the way evil is defined in this system
it's basically just how willing you are to kill an npc or a pc when it is spurious, excessive, or unnecessary
killing npcs for no reason a la GTA: chaotic evil
killing PCs/npcs for corrupt reasons that seem good to the people in charge: lawful evil
killing PCs/NPCS because you really just wanted that piece of loot that one time but you swear you won't do it again probably: neutral evil
lol exactly. I sure do trust you implicitly in all things.

:noface: