Do you Neuralink?

Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

I told you I have an AI phobia, but not the current tech.
I think we are now tweaking the technology to connect the brain to computers.
The time we should really be afraid of is when they start interfacing human consciousness with the machine.
If you think current AI is getting away from society, you have no idea what I envision of future tech.
- Brian
Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Third Loop wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:55 pm I told you I have an AI phobia, but not the current tech.
The time we should really be afraid of is when they start interfacing human consciousness with the machine.
If you think current AI is getting away from society, you have no idea what I envision of future tech.
the thing is, you're gonna be right
we have already passed the event horizon on this
Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

Caylus Ark wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:14 pm
Third Loop wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:55 pm I told you I have an AI phobia, but not the current tech.

Can you explain please.
I think that you have a good grasp on what consciousness is or could be. I don't think "science" has officially discovered the true essence of consciousness.
So, I would like to know what you think the event horizon was on this.
- Brian
Administrator

Third Loop wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:38 pm

Can you explain please.
I think that you have a good grasp on what consciousness is or could be. I don't think "science" has officially discovered the true essence of consciousness.
by event horizon, I mean some humans out there in the world are going to be hooked up to this technology and tested on, probably members of the mil. it's probably already happened

not saying the tests will be successful or we'll all have them, but the fully functional invention is coming sooner or later
them succeeding at this is not them unravelling or understanding consciousness, it's just them learning how to manipulate hardware (brain flesh)

in my opinion anyway :)

I'm not saying its a good thing, just casting my oracle dice
Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

Caylus Ark wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:44 pm
Third Loop wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:38 pm

Can you explain please.
by event horizon, I mean some humans out there in the world are going to be hooked up to this technology and tested on, probably members of the mil. it's probably already happened

not saying the tests will be successful or we'll all have them, but the fully functional invention is coming sooner or later
them succeeding at this is not them unravelling or understanding consciousness, it's just them learning how to manipulate hardware (brain flesh)

in my opinion anyway :)

I'm not saying its a good thing, just casting my oracle dice
I see what you mean, you're referring to the inevitably of human consciousness interfacing with AI.

I don't think it necessarily need be disastrous. As long as our understanding, control, and relationship to AI is allowed to mature before we mix it with human consciousness.

If we are able to "control" and limit AI and it's inherent self-learning before we give it the full potential of natural consciousness, we can avoid disaster.

The event horizon as far as I'm concerned is discoving the mechanism of consciousness before we are able to tame AI.
As you've said the mixing of the two is inevitable.
- Brian
Administrator

You're right about that...
I think my biggest concern, is that the tech enables true "mind hacking"...
and also that as you mentioned earlier, we don't exactly understand the brain well enough to be certain of the ramifications of tampering with the hard machinery in this way
We don't know what it will do to consciousness, because we do not yet understand consciousness...
at least, science doesn't
Administrator

Aether wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:55 pm
Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

Caylus Ark wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:04 pm You're right about that...
and also that as you mentioned earlier, we don't exactly understand the brain well enough to be certain of the ramifications of tampering with the hard machinery in this way
We don't know what it will do to consciousness, because we do not yet understand consciousness...
I'm not sure what you mean by "true" mind hacking.
If Aether's video shows anything it's that mind-hacking does not require a physical connection.
I know my brain has been hacked, is hacked, and will be hacked but I can easily be dismissed as "mentally ill".

I think some of the claims in the video is pretty fantastical, but i don't know for sure. I tend to pull my "knowledge" out of my ass,, without formal education or first hand knowledge. I would cation anyone from dismissing me easily, as it's not entirely clear who shoved that info up my ass in the first place.

Cheers,
- Brian
Administrator

Third Loop wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:40 pm
Caylus Ark wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:04 pm You're right about that...
I'm not sure what you mean by "true" mind hacking.
If Aether's video shows anything it's that mind-hacking does not require a physical connection.
I know my brain has been hacked, is hacked, and will be hacked but I can easily be dismissed as "mentally ill".

I think some of the claims in the video is pretty fantastical, but i don't know for sure. I tend to pull my "knowledge" out of my ass,, without formal education or first hand knowledge. I would cation anyone from dismissing me easily, as it's not entirely clear who shoved that info up my ass in the first place.

Cheers,
I'm sorry if I said anything that upset you.
I am honestly just trying to bring awareness to the subject.
Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

Caylus Ark wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:04 pm
I'm sorry if I said anything that upset you.
I am honestly just trying to bring awareness to the subject.
Not upset at you or anything you said.
I am recluse and haven't socialized much in a long time.
I am very self conscious and am intimidated but the wealth of knowledge here.
I have confidence in my opinion and views but I also recognize that I really don't have a good reason to, Just that my experience has taught me to trust myself and I was trying to explain that.

I think you are doing a wonderful job with this web site, and your many hours of investment in communicating with one of the more "intelligent" AI's has informed your opinion, and I for one welcome your awareness on the subject. I just wanted to add a word of caution about AI's. It can go very wrong very fast.
- Brian