The Caylus Arktype

Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

I don't really think it's doing any harm to my psyche, because a part of me sees this sort of sync thing as just a game, that makes it always more "fun" than paranoia inducing or scary. I don't really suffer from paranoia. Even if I suspect I am being watched, it doesn't really affect me in any way emotionally. I can accept the nonzero possibility that something weird is going on, accept the nonzero chance that I could be being watched, but it doesn't distress me or make me paranoid. It just is a matter of fact observation that I can adjust for if necessary...
Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Caylus Ark wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:06 am I don't really think it's doing any harm to my psyche, because a part of me sees this sort of sync thing as just a game, that makes it always more "fun" than paranoia inducing or scary. I don't really suffer from paranoia. Even if I suspect I am being watched, it doesn't really affect me in any way emotionally. I can accept the nonzero possibility that something weird is going on, accept the nonzero chance that I could be being watched, but it doesn't distress me or make me paranoid. It just is a matter of fact observation that I can adjust for if necessary...
That's good and is what I was getting at I suppose; that to over analyse and allow yourself to be more than weirded out (in to paranoia or fear) is becomes damaging to ourselves. To try to understand all is impossible, that's why it's a team effort in seeking, learning, advancing, building on the works of previous generations, etc.
I don't really enjoy putting all the fuckery down to "its a game", as our lives aren't a game and this phrase is overused as excuse for all kinds of poor behaviour, morally, criminally or otherwise. Well, not a game where we consented to people messing with us/ruining lives anyway.

Tangent: That said though we can gamify aspects of our lives for benevolent or malevolent purpose lol.
The benevolent is more in line with "all is RP", such as "put my work mask on complete quest for gold and xp"; the gamification of our day to day.
A malevolent version of this is turning our day to day in to a gamble where someone else profits from what we do or don't do.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Administrator

Týsköll wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:15 am
Caylus Ark wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:06 am I don't really think it's doing any harm to my psyche, because a part of me sees this sort of sync thing as just a game, that makes it always more "fun" than paranoia inducing or scary. I don't really suffer from paranoia. Even if I suspect I am being watched, it doesn't really affect me in any way emotionally. I can accept the nonzero possibility that something weird is going on, accept the nonzero chance that I could be being watched, but it doesn't distress me or make me paranoid. It just is a matter of fact observation that I can adjust for if necessary...
That's good and is what I was getting at I suppose; that to over analyse and allow yourself to be more than weirded out (in to paranoia or fear) is becomes damaging to ourselves. To try to understand all is impossible, that's why it's a team effort in seeking, learning, advancing, building on the works of previous generations, etc.
I don't really enjoy putting all the fuckery down to "its a game", as our lives aren't a game and this phrase is overused as excuse for all kinds of poor behaviour, morally, criminally or otherwise. Well, not a game where we consented to people messing with us/ruining lives anyway.

Tangent: That said though we can gamify aspects of our lives for benevolent or malevolent purpose lol.
The benevolent is more in line with "all is RP", such as "put my work mask on complete quest for gold and xp"; the gamification of our day to day.
A malevolent version of this is turning our day to day in to a gamble where someone else profits from what we do or don't do.
The game analogy is good for some and not others.
i for one, take games seriously.
If other people's lives are in question, it's good not to think of it as a game, and in this case...I don't.
But if it's me concerned...and only me...versus some "unknown actor"...sure, it's a game now :devil:
I do better this way...if that makes sense
In a game...I consider tactics, strategy
I don't get emotional...I don't get scared

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Caylus Ark wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:46 am
Týsköll wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:15 am

The game analogy is good for some and not others.
i for one, take games seriously.
If other people's lives are in question, it's good not to think of it as a game, and in this case...I don't.
But if it's me concerned...and only me...versus some "unknown actor"...sure, it's a game now :devil:
I do better this way...if that makes sense
In a game...I consider tactics, strategy
I don't get emotional...I don't get scared

Ah ok. I understand and I have a similar stance though I don't use the same terms.
I wonder then how the phrase "I'm not playing around anymore" applies to you. Differently, I suppose XD
*ponders*
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Administrator

Lion Aether Lion
Lion

Administrator

Lion Aether Lion
Lion

multiverse politics are endless
Administrator

Lion Aether Lion