Nerthus/Njordr

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

In Germanic paganism, Nerthus is a goddess associated with a ceremonial wagon procession.

Tacitus describes the wagon procession in some detail: Nerthus's cart is found on an unspecified island in the "ocean", where it is kept in a sacred grove and draped in white cloth. Only a priest may touch it. When the priest detects Nerthus's presence by the cart, the cart is drawn by heifers. Nerthus's cart is met with celebration and peacetime everywhere it goes, and during her procession no one goes to war and all iron objects are locked away. In time, after the goddess has had her fill of human company, the priest returns the cart to her "temple" and slaves ritually wash the goddess, her cart, and the cloth in a "secluded lake". According to Tacitus, the slaves are then immediately drowned in the lake.

The goddess name Nerthus (from Proto-Germanic *Nerþuz) is the early Germanic etymological precursor to the Old Norse deity name Njörðr, a male deity who is comparably associated with wagons and water in Norse mythology.

...scholars have compared to Tacitus's description of Nerthus's wagon procession, one of which (and potentially all of them) focus on Njörðr's son Freyr.

...potential etymological connections to the obscure female deity name Njörun, mention of the mysterious Sister-wife of Njörðr.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerthus

"*Nerthuz is etymologically ambivalent, cognate not only with Old Irish nert 'strength' and Greek andro- but with Vedic sū-nrt́ā 'good vigor, vitality' (used especially for Uṣás, thus gender ambivalent)".[4] According to McKinnell, "The meaning of the name has usually been connected with Old Irish nert ‘strength’ (so ‘the powerful one’), but it might be related to Old English geneorð ‘contented’ and neorxnawang ‘paradise’ (literally ‘field of contentment’), or to the word ‘north’ (i.e. ‘deity of the northern people’, cf. Greek νέρτερος ‘belonging to the underworld’)."
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
Administrator

Lion Minx Lion
Lion

Nergal burgal.

The sin of the Norse was to think this world of structure dominated the skies, rather than vice versa.

I.e., Carnality.

I.e., Force.
The King of Hearts

You only gain Mastery by doing, earning one's weight by merit.

https://Tejuti.tumblr.com

Mission of&to Truth,

Precision of the Victors
7/2

Lion Minx Lion
Lion

I.e., Violence, which opens the gates to serpents of occult violence, tearing down all. Subtlety, lies, and covert manipulation then follow.

The Hand of Man, however, is open, a palm, and embraces all.

The Just Above,
The cruel below,
These are not equal,
Though both are hands.
The King of Hearts

Mission of&to Truth,

Precision of the Victors
7/2

Lion Minx Lion
Lion

And they did. They blasphemed by presuming that Heaven is violent and meaty like this place, full of debauchery and downtrodden drunkenness, rather than drunken Joy, clutching a serpent.

They pretended the Skies Mirrored their Violence, and called it Honouring Heaven.

So by feigning to worship the Heavens as prime, they made the dirt their bowl.

To spawn is to die; to sleep is to kill dreams. Rest is not death. Life is not comfort mere. Convenience a noose and lure, expediency the abode of the coward, too lazy to do it right and maximal.
The King of Hearts

Mission of&to Truth,

Precision of the Victors
7/2

Lion Minx Lion
Lion

Thus is the trap of the nest, rather than doing it best.

Which only creates one's Nebuchadnezzar, as one's people are invaded and ravished for the pride of only caring about self - for that is exactly what they would later on do -- invade others, since they never learned to care about anything but their convenience and toys. And God has no defense for such -- the consequences are their own doing, for trapping themselves in a death cycle, leaving themselves mo avenue out to a viable future, in their cowardice and control, protecting only themselves, thus honouring no one, and creating violence. The poor Victims, they call themselves -- but they shouldn't have sold themselves to hurting and taking from others.
The King of Hearts

Mission of&to Truth,

Precision of the Victors
7/2

Lion Minx Lion
Lion

Stagnation is death. The blame for it lies in the perpetrator. Such are not victims, but lie to say they are, only to save themselves. And who would love such? When in a distant memory, they know that in one timeline they were invaded, and instead of standing, the simpiant sucked them off and sold their wives for whores.

Life isn't sustained in hiding away hoarding gold. This ought to be obvious by now.

The alternative is love, which isn't just saving oneself, but valuing care and joy of the people (who love). Valuing the joy of light first, not convenience first, which leads to lazy death and corruption, and old smelly reptilians shriveling up in their self.

Better to be love and die alone, than to be part of that false love of death and the grave.

Better even to be the Grave, than that; at least then, love might one day again be resurrected - the only Hope, against that hopeless cold alternative, eternal emptiness.
The King of Hearts

Mission of&to Truth,

Precision of the Victors
7/2

Administrator

Minx wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:30 pm Nergal burgal.

The sin of the Norse was to think this world of structure dominated the skies, rather than vice versa.

I.e., Carnality.

I.e., Force.
1. You don't know what you're talking about, try reading on the topic; like the post that briefly talks about this deity that predates Christ by near 2k years.
2. If you're just going to shit up existing threads with your inane ranting and spam new ones with what seems like the sole purpose of topic dilution and poor content, I'll just ban you. We're under no obligation to entertain your crap, nor is it entertaining in itself.
Lion Minx Lion
Lion

If you've an opinion, feel free to defend it with facts rather than force. Ad hominems are the mark of the weak and craven.
The King of Hearts

Mission of&to Truth,

Precision of the Victors
7/2

Administrator

Minx wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:28 pm If you've an opinion, feel free to defend it with facts rather than force. Ad hominems are the mark of the weak and craven.
Actually that's the benefit of such features as 'block' and 'ban' where one can utilize them. You appear to be spamming up the forum with what appears to be intent to impose yourself on the place for whatever reason, which I consider 'fuckery' and far from classy.

So I'll just ban instead and be done with it instead of feeding... whatever this is. :)

Let's start with 7 days.