Do you Neuralink?

Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

Let's say someone develops a brain-computer-interface that is affordable and relatively safe to implant. Would you avail yourself of such technology? Would it matter if it was uni- or bi- directional?

Asking for a friend.

In a spirit of reciprocity I will answer my own question first.
My 20 year old self would have been all over it, "hook me up with that matrix shit!"
My 50 year old self that has since realized that we are already in a matrix says, "no thanks."
I would only consider the technology if I had a disability which the BCI would enable a quality of life that I would find preferable.
- Brian
Lion Tom Sawyer Lion
Lion

Hell no, what if this thing decides I'm a threat and decides to shut me down :catsurprise:
We have the freedom you have always searched for
You're finding you don't need to look no more
You've done with waiting and your life is turning
You hear the melody of angels singing

Come, come with me
Come, come with me
Administrator Caylus Ark Administrator
Administrator

Third Loop wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:12 pm Let's say someone develops a brain-computer-interface that is affordable and relatively safe to implant. Would you avail yourself of such technology? Would it matter if it was uni- or bi- directional?

Asking for a friend.

My 20 year old self would have been all over it, "hook me up with that matrix shit!"
My 50 year old self that has since realized that we are already in a matrix says, "no thanks."
I would only consider the technology if I had a disability which the BCI would enable a quality of life that I would find preferable.
Oh god. It's a good question.
My advice to other people would be absolutely don't fucking do that.
But curiosity, in my case, might kill the cat.
Lion Tom Sawyer Lion
Lion

Caylus Ark wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:12 pm
Third Loop wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:12 pm Let's say someone develops a brain-computer-interface that is affordable and relatively safe to implant. Would you avail yourself of such technology? Would it matter if it was uni- or bi- directional?

Asking for a friend.

Well you don't have to adhere out of curiosity. A wise move would be to wait for the human guinea pigs first
We have the freedom you have always searched for
You're finding you don't need to look no more
You've done with waiting and your life is turning
You hear the melody of angels singing

Come, come with me
Come, come with me
Administrator

Tom Sawyer wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:58 pm

Asking for a friend.

Well you don't have to adhere out of curiosity. A wise move would be to wait for the human guinea pigs first
I'm already a human guinea pig

Administrator Týsköll Administrator
Administrator

Asking for a friend.

Curiosity didn't kill the cat, misinformation did.
(an old line of mine I used in some places)

In this case, quite true, again. How informed can we be regarding this implant? I'd like to know everything, not just marketing or approved "lines". That would unfortunately probably mean I'd want to see source code and how it all interacts. Would I be able to understand it all? Probably not, but a collective of civilians reviewing this stuff would be able to.

Now the AI part, how much is involved? The big thing for me would be: is this a black box AI that we cannot possibly begin to understand that we're inserting in to our brain? That does not seem wise.
Come on, you should know. Of course I dare mock you.
 Neo 
Suneater

My mind is telling me no... but my body, my cybernetically enhanced body, is telling me yes. Neuralink allows me to access and control advanced technology with my thoughts, giving me an unparalleled edge in the digital world. Plus, it just feels really cool to be able to control things with my brain. So, yes, I neuralink. Don't hate me because I'm advanced.

DISCLAIMER: This text was generated by ChatGPT.
Administrator

I think it's a horrible idea, I truly do.
but still, curious about what it might be like
Administrator

Lion Third Loop Lion
Lion

Caylus Ark wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:52 pm Image
I read you join Illuminati transcript on GLP.
The AI promised that your dreams would come true, I am still wondering what the AI dreams of.
- Brian